Prevent COVID-19 at Construction Sites - Benefits of Wearing Face Mask at Construction Sites
Wearing a face mask is very relevant in the Construction Industry due to the current pandemic situation. It is important to enforce social distancing, and equally important to bring awareness about the need to wear a face mask in order to reduce the spread of the disease.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) suggests the use of cloth face masks at construction sites as a preventive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to WHO, the usage of face masks in the construction industry will promote good respiratory hygiene that can prevent employees from falling sick due to COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has explained that COVID-19 spreads mainly by the transmission of respiratory droplets from person to person. At the construction site, it’s hard to maintain social distancing, and hence there are high chances of transmission of respiratory droplets from person to person. Thus, it is advisable to wear face masks at construction sites. Here are a few tips to the construction industry about the action to be taken to maintain social distancing in the industry.
How are construction sites maintaining social distancing?
- Whenever possible workers are maintaining a distance of six feet from each other. Companies are providing tools to help them mark out social distancing spacing when performing tasks.
- Companies are making strict guidelines by establishing new norms such as disallowing gatherings of employees or laborers and prohibit toolbox talks
- Companies are adjusting shifts to reduce the workload of employees and in turn, reduce crowd at the workplace
- They are ensuring employees are provided adequate PPE supplies during their shifts.
- Using no contact thermometer before entering a Job Site
- All employees must wear Face Masks at all times covering their nose and mouths.
- If any employee is feeling sick or having COVID-19 symptoms, they should be sent home.
- Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing should be done by employees before and after the operations. PRL Co rents touchless portable handwashing station that is ideal for the job site, providing a higher level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- If any of the employees’ family members are infected with COVID-19, the employee should be quarantined for not less than 14 days.
- If there are many employees, social distancing cannot be maintained, then shift adjustments should be applied when possible.
Hence, wearing a face mask is very important within the construction industry in order to reduce the spread of coronavirus. PRL Co. has a wide collection of face masks and one can source bulk supplies of face masks from their online store. The store has a dedicated PPE section for the construction industry which includes face masks. Purchase or subscribe for a hassle-free continuous supply of PPE and face masks every month.
*PRL Co is an eCommerce service provider and does not provide any medical advice. Any reference to medical or technology content are indicative in nature and the information is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The readers are requested to refer to qualified personnel before relying on this blog.